Lillianna's Place

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Hiking

One Saturday afternoon Me and my Dad went to The Trailside Muesem. We saw these animals: Turtles, Wild Turkeys, Red Tailed Hawks, a Red Fox, Ducks, Snowy Owl, Skunk, a Lizard. The skunk and the lizard we saw inside. After that I asked my Dad if we could do the hiking trail he said," Sure". We did the Red Dot Trail. When we got to the top we went up the look out tower to look out of course. The way we got down was the Ski Slope. I had alot of fun that day but when we got home I took a nap.

Have you ever gone hiking?

2 Comments:

  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger Robin said…

    When I lived in Israel,we went climbing up the snake path at Masada,which was a community at the top of a very high,steep mountain. The snake path was called that because it was narrow and twisty like a snake. It took three hours to climb it. It was around 100 degrees that day and all the water in the world couldn't make me forget how hot it was. Half way up,I asked someone to PLEASE push me off. That would've killed me but at that point I figured it would've been easier than continuing to climb. Somehow I made it to the top but then we had to climb down after a brief rest!! That was easier than getting UP but it still took hours and it was hot out there.

    For lunch,I had made a special sandwich of salami with mustard before we left the Kibbutz. I marked it with my name so that no one would eat it. Well, someone ate it so I had to eat the sandwich the way the Israelis made it..... a Salami and butter sandwich!! I was hot,tired and cranky and I had to eat a Salami and butter sandwich!!!!!!!! It was not a fun day!!

     
  • At 8:28 AM, Blogger AngelConradie said…

    Damien and I have been hiking (short ones coz I’m very unfit), and we enjoyed it, we have several little game reserves near our home- there’s even one where you can see rhino. You have inspired me to do more of it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home