Lillianna's Place

Friday, March 31, 2006

My Trip

Even though this is Lillianna's post about our trip,I wanted to add some things myself which will save me from writing my own post. Ok,so I am a little lazy! My sister Kara came with us as well as my 13 year old niece Marissa who lives in New Hampshire. I hate long drives but Linda,our tour guide, made it lots of fun.

I woke up at 3:30am on Saturday morning and I woke the girls up at 4:20am. We left the house at 5:00am to meet the 5:45am bus. On each girls' seat,there was a large American Girl bag with treats inside. Lillianna will explain that.

I went to the American Girl Place in N.Y. on March 25th. There were four floors of shopping. On the bus there were goodie bags for all the girls who went. In the goodie bag there was a bandana for me and my doll,( I brought Samantha), a book of the new American Girl doll Jess, a memory book and a catalog. It was a four hour bus ride!

After two hours we stopped at MacDonalds for breakfast. Then everyone was back on the bus so that we could drive the next two hours. On the bus there were three movies we could choose from.The movies were, The Samantha movie, The Felicity movie, and A Tour of N.Y. I didn't really want to watch the N.Y. one.
( Ya I didn't either!! It was pretty boring!)

There were books of stuff we could do like crossword puzzles, and word searches and brain teasers. We did trivia on the bus too. (This really kept the girls busy. Linda really knew what she was doing when she planned this trip!)

When we got there I bought a beautiful ball gown for my dolls, the new American Girl doll Jess, a hair brush and comb, Coconut the dog and a Samantha mystery book. I had lunch with my doll and saw a review.
(I have to elaborate here. The review consisted of young girls who were 11-13 years old acting out different scenes from the books. It was entertaining and clever.

The lunch was very fun. The girls were encouraged to bring one of their dolls on the trip. Once we got in the restaurant,we were given a little booster seat which hooked on to our table for the doll to sit in. Each doll got her own cup and saucer. The food was delicious and everything was catered towards the girls. It was wonderful!)

I got Samantha's hair done at the American Girl hair salon. I got the flip pony tail done on Samantha. I had a great time. ( Just watching the hairstylist doing the dolls hair was a sight to behold. I think I know why they don't work in a "real" salon. The dolls were seat belted to the styling chair and it was a darn good thing they were because the stylist made the dolls eyes roll as their hair was roughly brushed and styled. For $20 I have to say that it was worth it. Although you'd have to ask Samantha about that. She looked like she was in pain!)

Have you ever been to N.Y. before or to the American Girl Place?

4 Comments:

  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger Robin said…

    This sure was a fun trip. I am so glad we all got to go.
    You were a very good girl,by the way,and didn't even whine! Well,we all complained about the cigar and cigarette smoke when we were walking the streets of NY but that doesn't count!!

     
  • At 8:03 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    cool sound like you had a lot of fun!!

     
  • At 2:09 PM, Blogger Andrea said…

    Wow... Sounds like fun! No, I haven't been to New York. Is it cool?
    Say hi to Coconut and Samantha for me!
    Adventure Girl

     
  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger Jess said…

    That sounds like a great trip! I'm jealous! I have the Samantha doll too, and I bet she would have loved going on a trip... she's been sitting on my dresser in the same outfit for years now. Were the movies any good? (Not the NY one, the AG ones!) My sister got the Felicity DVD for her birthday, but I haven't seen it yet. I think it's so cool that they gave you booster seats and plates for the dolls at the table. I think maybe I'll have to visit there someday. Did you take any pictures?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home