Lillianna's Place

Monday, June 05, 2006

Going To Nana's House

Have you ever gone to your grandparent's house and just loved being there no matter what they do with you? Well I was just at my nana's house to sleep over. Saturday night my papa taught me how to jitterbug for my aunt's wedding.

Sunday morning we went to breakfast. I got pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream and hot chocolate for a drink. mmmmmm. I love to wear my nana's shoes.My nana said that she would take me flip-flop shopping but since it was raining we couldn't but I didn't mind.I love going there.

My nana made me a hot fudge sundae with mocha swirl ice cream that tasted like coffee ice cream hot fudge and cool whip. It was really yummy!!!!!!!! I love going there no matter what they do with me. They're the best!

Have you ever felt like that?

5 Comments:

  • At 8:58 PM, Blogger Robin said…

    YUP......I always had lots of fun at my nana's house. I guess that makes sense since MY nana was YOUR nana's mother. I guess that explains it!!

    Good post,Lillianna!!

     
  • At 9:39 PM, Blogger Mother of Invention said…

    An excellent post I'd say! It is better written than many of the stories I see in my gr. 3 class!

    I undersatnd exactly what you mean. It was always neat to go to my Grandma's even if we were just hanging around making tea and having cookies, or if I was just colouring with my new book and crayons she'd just given me, (Yes, that's all they had in my kid days!)or even if we were talking to her parrot and budgie!

    Just being in the same room with some people is enough. I guess that's how you can tell they are extra-special to you!

    Keep writing, Lilliana!

     
  • At 11:56 PM, Blogger Jess said…

    I always had lots of fun at my grandparents' house too. They live on a cul-de-sac with almost no cars, with a big orange grove out back and the St. John's River right across the street - plus nice neighbors with pools and one with a huge trampoline - so there was always something for my sister and me to do there when we were little. We would stay in our bathing suits all day long, playing in the sprinkler/hose or in the neighbor's pool, and then go out on the river dock and swing in the hammock and watch for manatees as the sun went down. We also got to eat lots of junk food, which we weren't allowed to do at home - oven pizzas, chocolate milk with whipped cream, and ice cream sundaes. She also made us pancakes or waffles for breakfast in the morning. But our favorite part was that we got to sleep in the same room. We've always had our own rooms at home, so having a "sleepover" at Grandma's house was lots of fun because we could stay up late and giggle and talk.

    This was a really good post, Lillianna - I'd almost forgotten all the fun things I used to do with my grandparents when I was little. Thanks for reminding me! :)

     
  • At 12:09 PM, Blogger Andrea said…

    Yes, I have had that feeling before. It's great! Well, bye!
    Adventure girl

     
  • At 2:01 PM, Blogger Robin said…

    This post was from ages ago. Get cracking on writing a new one,little girl.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home